The hosts Tam and B discuss artificial intelligence (AI) and its impact on creators and the entertainment industry, focusing on the current Hollywood strikes and the role of AI. They explore whether AI is a threat or an opportunity, copyright issues, predictions for the strikes, and more.
* The Hollywood strikes are happening because writers and actors want better pay, profit sharing, and restrictions on AI that could replace their work.
* AI has potential to improve efficiencies in entertainment but also raises concerns about copyright issues as models may mimic creative work.
* Whoever figures out how to create the first trusted AI app store may become the winner in AI.
* YouTube is as much a threat to actors as AI, providing content people want with revenue sharing.
* The writers and actors guilds should leverage AI to protect members rather than seeing it as a threat.
* Entertainment companies should bring creators into conversations about AI and find an amicable path forward.
* There are opportunities for a new class of creators by embracing AI tools and platforms like YouTube.
* Entertainers outside the Hollywood system have as much ability to leverage AI for their benefit as those within it.
You can find Tam on LinkedIn.
You can find B. on LinkedIn.
The Drops Podcast is available across all major Podcast Platforms.
Thanks for reading The Drops Podcast! Subscribe for free to receive new posts and support my work.
This is a public episode. If you would like to discuss this with other subscribers or get access to bonus episodes, visit thedropspodcast.substack.com